Persons who have entered into residential property lease agreements are entitled to acquire residential properties owned by the municipality at reduced or market prices:
Housing can be purchased at reduced prices by the following:
- Tenants holding permits issued by the Apartment Privatization Commission formed by the Seimas before 1 July 1998 in accordance with the Law on Privatization of Apartments;
- Tenants who have been granted the right to privatize their rented housing by a court decision in accordance with the Law on Privatization of Apartments;
- Tenants who have been evicted or a decision has been made to evict them from housing or facilities in a state of collapse, which are included in the list of housing to be demolished according to a development plan, or included in the list of buildings taken for public use which as a result could not be privatized under the Law on Privatization of Apartments;
- Tenants (rehabilitated political prisoners, deportees or widows and children thereof) who have returned to the Republic of Lithuania in accordance with the procedure established by the Government and other authorized institutions;
- Tenants living in housing that have not been returned to religious communities or associations, as well as tenants who have been provided with other housing after being evicted from housing returned to religious communities or associations;
- Tenants for whom the right to acquire housing is established by the Republic of Lithuania Law on the Restoration of the Rights of Ownership of Citizens to the Existing Real Property, and/or other legal acts related to the implementation thereof.
Housing can be purchased at market prices by the following:
- Tenants who rent apartments under non-social housing rent terms and who have lived in the said apartments for at least 5 years from the date of concluding the housing rent agreement, regardless of the applicable housing rent terms.
In order to privatize housing owned by the municipality, you must apply to the municipal enterprise “Vilniaus miesto būstas” (Vilnius City Housing) (Švitrigailos str. 7, Vilnius) by submitting your application for housing privatization, a copy of your identity document, the legal basis for the use of the facilities (warrant, judgment), a certificate of personal data, a notarized agreement on whose behalf the sales contract will be concluded, a document verifying the payment of the down payment, and certificates verifying payment of municipal housing rent and utility costs. This list of documents is not final; additional documents may be provided under specific basis granting the right to acquire housing.
The Applicant must pay the Contractor an initial fee of -150 Eur.
To the account of SĮ “Vilniaus miesto būstas” to pay the initial contribution for the requested municipal property LT90 7300 0100 0055 7932.
Prašymas leisti pirkti
Paslaugos aprašymas dėl privatizacijos