The right to compensation for part of the rental costs may be awarded to persons and families who have declared their place of residence or are included in the list of persons who have not declared their place of residence in accordance with the procedure established by the Law on Declaration of the Place of Residence of the Republic of Lithuania, whose declared property and income do not exceed the specified amounts (the net annual income of a person without a family must not exceed EUR 7 936 and assets/property EUR – 11 904; the net annual income of a family of two or three persons must not exceed EUR 15 616 and assets/property – EUR 21 504, and the net annual income of a family of four or more persons must not exceed EUR 4 480 and assets/property – EUR 9 600 per person), and who do not own a residential property in the territory of the Republic of Lithuania or their owned property has physically depreciated by more than 60 percent according to the data of the Real Estate Cadastre, or the useful floor area of their housing is less than 10 sq. m. per person or family member, or is less than 14 sq. m. where there is a disabled person in the family or a person suffering from a severe chronic illness included in the list approved by the Government or an institution authorized thereby, and these persons are leasing a suitable housing belonging to natural or legal entities (excluding municipal housing) located in the territory of Vilnius city municipality.
Compensation for part of the rental costs shall be paid for the period from the date of concluding the housing lease agreement, if the municipal administration has made a decision to pay compensation for part of the rental costs, but not earlier than the date on which the person or family applied for compensation for part of the rental costs.
Applications for the said compensation must be submitted to municipal enterprise “Vilniaus miesto būstas” (Vilnius City Housing), located at the address Švitrigailos str. 7, Vilnius, with a request to be included or to include one’s family in the list of persons and families receiving compensation, and must enclose the following documents:
- Request to be included in the list of persons and families receiving compensation;
- Housing lease agreement concluded for at least one year and registered in the real property register. It is necessary to specify in the agreement all family members who are on the list of persons and families entitled to assistance for rent of housing. The useful floor area of the rented housing may not be less than 10 sq. m. per person or family member.
- Copies of identity documents of all family members;
- Annual declaration of personal (family) property, including income received (declaration form FR0001);
- Consents of all adult family members regarding the verification of data (consents regarding the verification of data of minors are given by their parents).
Please note that the amount of compensation may not exceed the amount of the rent. You can calculate compensation for part of the rental or leasing of housing with the help of a CALCULATOR
BP-4 Prašymas dėl būsto nuomos mokesčio dalies kompensacijos